Contact Us to Develop Your Responsible Sourcing Roadmap
Contact Us for Animal Welfare Messaging
Sustainable Sourcing to Innovate a Private Brand, a presentation given by Sustainable Solution Group’s CEO Janice Neitzel at the Store Brands conference earlier this year, was published in the Summer 2015 volume of the Journal of Brand Strategy, a peer-reviewed journal of Henry Stewart Publications LLP. You can access it under the Resource Downloads tab to the right.
Animal Welfare is the 4th Pillar of Sustainable Sourcing
Consumers are demanding higher animal welfare in animal proteins. While there are overlaps, high animal welfare cannot be assumed in Natural, Clean label, Organic or Antibiotic Free (ABF). Sustainable Solutions Group facilitates top food industry decision-makers in understanding consumers’ primary concerns. We measure Current State of Animal Well-Being Criteria to guide understanding of your supply chain perishable meat, dairy, and eggs. Our methodology is being used at both Fortune 500 retailers, restaurant and foodservice chains, as well as at growing food companies.
- We facilitate pragmatic Animal Welfare Policy Development and guide your Communications team in effectively communicating while being careful to satisfy all stakeholders.
- We offer a Meat, Dairy, & Egg Sourcing Assessment to measure current state of animal welfare criteria and growth promoters to guide with recommendations to increase responsible sourcing.
- We guide you in NGO Relationship Management to understand NGO requests you’re receiving and advise on how to respond.
- Our Certified Nutrition Wellness Adviser guides marketing of nutritional benefits of foods with higher sustainability and animal welfare criteria.
- We offer Traceability services to track down sourcing paperwork and provide risk management via 3rd Party Audit Evaluation.
We use a results-based approach to guide companies to build brand equity and attract the best talent. Sustainable Solutions Group is a member of the Food Marketing Institute.